Sunday, November 9, 2008

Simple Sounds Sweet

Although it really doesn't mention this much in the Books 7-8+11, people are always trying to go through the shorter route or the one that takes the least energy in life. Nowadays people often look at the way their doing in life by the size of their wallet and I find that absolutely absurd. So does it mean if your not wealthy and drive around in a Mercedes- Benz that your not happy in life, absolutely not.
I think that nowadays people are inventing technological objects that make life "easier" for themselves, but I say that those people are just lazy. The Master said, "If wealth were something worth pursuing, then I would pursue it, even if that meant serving as an officer holding a whip at the entrance to a marketplace. Since it is not worth pursuing, however. I prefer to follow that which I love." (7.12) When I read this quote I felt it was entirely essential to my blog. The master enjoyed the humble and modest rather than the wealth and power.
This reminded me of a story that my religion teacher once told me of the importance of the meaning of gifts not the amount. "He sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow put in two small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, "Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more then all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood." This story will stick with me where ever life will take me, because it has a deep moral to it, and that is that people in life will never care about the amount of money you put into something; just the amount of love or energy you put. This example works as well for home works, teachers don't care about amount, but of the quality.

2 comments:

J. Tangen said...

You could ahve gone further with your understanding of your religious anecdote.

3
3
2 _Nowadays

Andres Felipe Reina Restrepo said...

What do you mean, like expanded more on my thoughts?